Sunday, July 16, 2006

Day 8 - Break down, go ahead and give it to me ....

Day 8
Tehachapi, CA to Scotts Valley, CA
348 miles


Internet access has been hard to find, but it's Sunday July 16th - Day 9. Ron & I are in Scotts Valley, CA at his mother's house. In an hour or so, we'll start the actual rerunning of the 81 tour.

We had an interesting trip from his house in Tehachapi, CA yesterday. My Honda decided to start running on three cylinders about 20 miles after we left his house. I rode it that way about 150 miles through some twisty bits until we reached the coast - I knew if I had to disassemble the thing, I wanted to do it in 70 degree temps, not the 100 plus we saw inland. We found an Albertson's in San Luis Obispo, CA with a suitable parking lot. After removing the bodywork, I discovered a loose wire that seemed to be the problem, put it back together, and we rode up to the Santa Cruz area in 55 degree temps, finishing off with a typical Monterey Bay area fog. Brrrr.

Alice's Resautrant (a popular Bay Area motorcycle destination @ the intersection of CA 35 & CA 84) today for lunch, then on to Yosemite.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Matt....welcome back to the coast--we've missed you. There really IS heat it's just very well insulated. We're even cooler up here in Humboldt! Glad your mechanical issue was minor and you're back on the road. Deb

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home