Sunday, July 30, 2006

Day 19 - The Loneliest Road in America

Day 19
The Loneliest Road In America
Fallon, Nevada to Salina, Utah
494 miles


As I mentioned before, US Highway 50, which traverses Nevada from east to west, is called "The Loneliest Road in America". There is certainly good reason - through most of the route, there are no houses, no buildings, no cars, no gas stations, often no power lines or even other roads - NOTHING. There were plenty of beautiful vistas, comfortable temps due to the altitude of 5000 feet and above, and the satellite radio didn't seem affected by the desolation at all. All in all, it was a pleasant ride and upon my arrival to Salina, UT, I stayed in a Super 8 with the friendliest and most accomodating desk clerk I've ever met. It's nice when they understand your "bike paranoia" and work to get you a ground floor room where the bike can be close by!

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Lewis said...

I am jealous!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home